POSITION: Brand Development Intern
COMPENSATION: Unpaid Internship (School Credit, if available)
HOURS: approximately 10 hours per week
VIVRANT BEAUTY is NYC’s newest beauty retail experience with a vast selection of skincare, hair care and cosmetic products for women of all skin tones, nationalities and hair textures.
The boutique is stocked with beauty goods from a thoughtful blend of major and independent product lines including ingredient-conscious, women-owned, person-of-color owned and local beauty brands.
Vivrant Beauty is searching for the right candidate to help grow social media presence and brand awareness via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. We’d love you to work with us to build a cohesive feel and narrative for the brand across all social media platforms. You must feel comfortable curating and developing original captivating content and beautiful imagery to maintain the buzz surrounding our new business, increase likes and followers, and drive traffic to the Vivrant Beauty store and e-shop.
Vivrant Beauty seeks a creative, motivated intern with a grasp of and strong interest in social media, start-ups and beauty generally and specifically as it relates to women of color, indie beauty and ingredient-conscious brands. You will assist with creating original artwork for social media channels and developing blog content.
- Strong interest and familiarity with all major social media platforms
- Great with words
- Ability to self-start and work independently
- Assist with copy for product descriptions on e-shop
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to capture product photography for use on social media/blog
- Must spend 2-3 hours at our Harlem boutique each week
- We have (fun!) monthly in-store events where we will need your assistance with planning, set-up, customer/guest satisfaction and event photography
- Assist with coordinating and organizing public relations efforts
- Assist with editing video content for blog and social media platforms
Please email your resume (and if its reflective of your talents, links to your social media accounts and/or blog) to email@example.com with “Brand Development Intern” in the subject line. Emphasize your comfort level with writing, photography, photoshop and/or video editing. Let us know why you are interested in joining the Vivrant Beauty team.
No phone calls please.